RESIDENT INTERNSHIP (REGISTRATION)
Is this internship for you?
If you have envisioned living in a forest, learning and doing meaningful work for environment conservation, and making a difference to our planet, then this internship is for you.
What you get to do...
- Get trained to conduct environmental education programs for local schools, colleges, and village communities
- Learn to organize and conduct camps and workshops for a diverse group of people from experts.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of rainforests and educate visitors
- Lead and assist short term volunteers
You will plan and execute a project of your choice apart from assisting in ongoing projects and tasks -that includes setting up camera traps, data collection and analysis, accompanying king cobra rescue calls, line transect surveys, and more
You will engage with users across the world through social media pages by developing and contributing content.
You will learn the nitty-gritty of running a field station by assisting the base manager and ground staff in the regular functioning that includes helping in the field, kitchen, and farm work.
Who can apply?
To qualify you must have…
- A strong interest in conservation education and research
- Personal drive and commitment to achieve results
- Ability to work proactively, independently and with nominal resources
- Good oral and written skills in English
- Good oral skills in Kannada(written optional)
- Creative writing skills and interest in photography
- Ride a two-wheeler with a valid driving license. (Optional: Four-wheeler)
- Learn field skills – roughing it out in a rainforest and executing projects under challenging conditions
- Meeting and working with people at the grassroots level
- Get guidance and network with wildlife educators, ecologists, photographers, researchers and more
- Develop good personnel, time and resource management skills
- Certificate on completion of the internship
- Gain good exposure on social media
All this for free…
- We will cover your food and accommodation
- We do not offer stipend/remuneration
- Once you are selected we will observe your proactiveness, commitment, and consistency for a month and then confirm your full term
First fill in the form by clicking HERE . or click on the apply now button below.
Then Email your:
- CV (with photograph),
- SOP (Statement of Purpose) ,
- 2 references
For any clarifications write to us or call at +91 9480877670