Many snakes one country!
- EXPLORE THE VARIETY OF SNAKES FOUND IN 5 BIO REGIONS OF INDIA
- DISCOVER THE WIDE RANGE OF SNAKE HABITATS
- LEARN ABOUT RESEARCH UNDERWAY AND OPPORTUNITIES YOU CAN EXPLORE
- GET INSIGHTS INTO PEOPLE’S PERSPECTIVE TOWARDS SNAKES ACROSS THESE REGIONS
- PARTNER IN CONSERVING SNAKES
Connect with these Herpetologists
Snakes of Western Ghats
Dr.Ashok Kumar Mallick
As part of his doctoral work he described a new genus of vine snake, Proahaetulla antiqua.
Herpetofauna of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Herpetofauna of North East India
Dr. H.T. Lalremsanga
H.T. Lalremsanga has been working on reptiles and amphibians in Mizoram, Northeast India for the past two decades.
Snakes of Sub-Himalayan Region
Jignasu Dolia (Jigu)
Jigu has been carrying out research on the distribution and nesting ecology of King Cobras (Ophiophagus hannah) in the Himalayan foothills of Uttarakhand.
Snakes of Western India
He has a keen interest in herpetology and has worked on the Spatial ecology project of Indo-Chinese Spitting Cobra and Monocled Cobra in Thailand.
Open to ALL above 15 years.
Dates & Time:
26th September : 4 to 6 PM
27th September : 4 to 8 PM
Maximum participants: 25 only!
Medium: Simple English.